AssetCo is primarily involved in acquiring, managing and operating asset and wealth management activities and interests, together with other related services.
- a lower return environment for investments due to interest rate dynamics;
- shifts to more passive investment products in traditional public markets and to private markets asset classes that can offer diversification and potentially higher returns;
- a reorientation from institutional to individual investors, as individuals have to take more responsibility for their financial future;
- a continuing drive by investors and regulators for lower fees and to ensure “value for money”;
- increasing regulation and the cost thereof;
- an increasing use of technology and a drive for digitalisation, particularly in consumer-facing segments;
- a greater focus on environmental, social and governance aspects and the nature of underlying investments; and
- an ongoing and increasing polarisation of the industry, including a consolidation among larger and medium-sized asset managers, driven by economies of scale, and the growth of smaller boutiques in specialist asset classes.